It’s not easy to come back to work motivated after a fun season of holiday cheer, short weeks, and festive distractions. Suddenly workdays seem longer and Friday is so far away. Your team is probably in a slump now that the holiday parties and Secret Santas are gone until next year, so you’ll want to do your part to fight away those post-holiday blues. Consider these 5 tips to get your staff motivated in the new year:
- Offer healthy snacks in the break room. Encourage healthy New Year’s Resolutions by treating your team to delicious and nutritious goodies. By now, everyone is ready for a break from the endless homemade baked goods and sweets, and any special reward to interrupt the 9-to-5 workday will raise morale in the office.
- Encourage walk breaks. Studies show that walks during the workday can boost mood and help combat stress. Show your staff that you care about their mental and physical health by prioritizing breaks for getting fresh air and a little healthy activity.
- Set goals for the new year. Start the new year strong by making sure the whole team is on the same page with goals and expectations. Morale is improved when staff are part of a joint effort and working toward the same purposes. As a plus, include incentives to get everyone on board.
- Make time for short pow-wows. Bring the whole team together for energizing meetings to update staff on any upcoming changes in the new year or exciting plans ahead in the company. Use these meetings to inspire and empower staff to bring their very best.
- Schedule an office retreat. If it’s feasible, plan a weekend retreat for team building and relaxation. If only a couple hours can be spared, cater a lunch or plan an in-office activity to show your staff they are appreciated.
AMA Executive Conference Centers are located in four beautiful areas of the United States: Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington D.C., perfect for that office retreat or team meeting. To learn more about our state of the art, convenient meeting spaces, contact us today.